Steps to Enrollment

Steps to Enrollment

As you go through the enrollment process we are here for you every step of the way. You can contact the Office of Enrollment with questions any time at (800) 541-8900.

Transfer Student Enrollment Checklist

1. Apply and be accepted.

For questions about the application process call (800) 541-8900 or email

Go to to create your application account.

Ask one person not related to you who knows your academic qualities (such as a teacher, school counselor, or principal) to complete the Enrollment Reference Form

Transfer students for the nursing program must submit a total of three references (2 more in addition to the one required above) and have additional admission requirements.

Download the Transcript Release Request form, send it to your current and previous schools, and ask them to send your transcripts to the address below. We need transcripts from the following:

  • The high school or academy from which you have graduated
  • The college from which you have earned any dual credit during high school
  • College Board if you have taken any AP classes and/or CLEP exams
  • All colleges and universities you have attended
  • Do not include classes taken at Walla Walla University

Transfer students for the Portland campus nursing program must submit three references and have additional admission requirements.

Walla Walla University Admissions
204 S. College Ave
College Place, WA 99324


Electronic transcripts are also accepted through submission to these services:

  • National Student Clearing House
  • eScrip-Safe
  • Parchment

When submitting electronic transcripts, ensure that you select Walla Walla University in College Place, WA.

2. After you have been accepted.

For questions about getting access to myWWU call (509) 527-2317 or email

MyWWU is the online entry portal for the apps you will use at WWU. Once you are admitted we will send you an email with details on how to activate your university email address and myWWU account.

Two commonly used apps at WWU are PeopleSoft and HighPoint. PeopleSoft has the most capabilities for managing your student information. It is designed for use on desktop computers.

HighPoint has fewer features, but is designed to use on mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones. Financial Clearance and Registration Finalization can only be done in HighPoint.

  • Follow the instructions in the acceptance email you received to access myWWU.
  • Remember your myWWU account name and password. You will use this throughout your academic career at WWU.

For questions about financial aid call (800) 656-2315 or email

Submit a FAFSA form (U.S. citizens and legal residents)

The Free Application for Federal Student aid, or FAFSA, is a federal aid form for grants and loans. Use the school code for Walla Walla University: 003799. To sign the form electronically, set up your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). This step is open to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents and residents of U.S. territories.

Complete the verification process (if required)

The government selects about 30 percent of FAFSA applications for verification. You will be required to submit documentation (such as signed tax papers, W2 forms, and a verification worksheet).

Submit a WWU Financial Aid Application

Complete the WWU financial aid application. Your myWWU account and password will be required.

WWU offers financial aid separate from federal programs. Canadian students are welcome to submit this application as well; WWU offers some financial aid to Canadian students.

Review your financial aid award packet from WWU

Once you have completed the above, you will receive a financial aid packet from WWU which shows your complete aid (loans, grants, work study, etc.) and your payment plan. Review your plan with a financial aid counselor. If there are extenuating circumstances in your family finances that are not reflected on the FAFSA, please call a financial aid counselor.

You must be accepted to WWU before a financial aid award packet can be sent to you.

Complete the paperwork to accept your student loans

You will be notified to complete the promissory notes and entrance interviews for your student loans.

International Students

International and Canadian students do not need to fill out the FAFSA.

For questions about the enrollment fee call (800) 541-8900 or email

Pay your enrollment fee

If you are enrolling for six or more credit hours, a $200 non-refundable enrollment fee is required and will allow you to enroll in classes and reserve your housing.

Pay online (you'll need your myWWU account and password)

Or, send a $200 check to:

Walla Walla University Admissions
204 S. College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

Receive your rebate after school starts

A $100 rebate will be refunded to your account at the start of the first quarter if your fee is paid by the following deadline:

  • For Fall enrollment, pay by May 15.
  • For Winter/Spring/Summer enrollment, pay two weeks before the first day of the quarter.

3. Before arriving on campus.

Starting in April

Please familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements for student housing. These include requirements for both on-campus, as well as off-campus housing.

Living in a residence hall

For questions about women's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2531, or email

For questions about men's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2111, or email

Students planning to live in a residence hall must submit an online Residence Hall Housing Application (sign-in to myWWU is required).

Living off-campus

For questions about off-campus housing options call (509) 527-2109 or email

To live outside of the residence halls, students must meet certain eligibility requirements or receive approval from the Director of Residential Life and Housing. After verifying your eligibility or receiving approval, you may arrange for housing outside of residence halls.

Visit Village Housing for information about applying for university-owned off-campus housing.

Questions about what it's like to live on campus?
Watch a Q&A presentation about living in the residence halls.

Beginning in May, you can start enrolling in classes by booking an appointment with the office of Academic Advisement. During your meeting you will have the opportunity to review general studies requirements, transfer credit (if applicable), and register for classes. If you met with an academic advisor at your high school or academy, then you may already be enrolled in classes. If so, you can view your class schedule on myWWU.

Book an online appointment to register for classes

(800) 558-2132 or (509) 527-2132 or



Starting in July

For questions about health information, call the Student Life office at (509) 527-2511 or email

Complete the immunization history form

If this step is required, it will be listed in your To Do’s in the Student Center in myWWU. 
Visit the University Clinic webpage to download this form.

Review your health insurance

All undergraduate students and graduate international students taking more than 6 credits must be covered by a health insurance plan. Please make sure that you have coverage throughout your entire education at Walla Walla University.

Fill out the TB screening form

Visit the University Clinic webpage to download this form.

Address and E-mail

WWU Health Clinic
204 S. College Ave.
College Place, WA 99324

Starting mid-August

For questions about financial clearance call (800) 656-2815 or email

Complete your financial clearance to-do items

If you want to sail smoothly through financial clearance, get your holds and to-do items done before starting financial clearance.

You can view your holds and to-do items in either myWWU > Student Center or myWWU > HighPoint.

Complete any remaining items such as loan promissory notes, loan entrance interview or other financial aid forms.

Financial clearance

Financial clearance for fall quarter normally opens in mid-August. For other quarters, financial clearance normally opens a few weeks before the start of the quarter. Watch for an email notification about the date for an opening of financial clearance.

Financial clearance can be done online through myWWU > HighPoint after you have completed your financial clearance holds. Use the Financial Clearance menu option in myWWU.

Need help going through the financial clearance process?
Watch a step-by-step presentation that walks you through it.

4. After arriving on campus.

Finish your holds and to-do items

The secret for getting through registration smoothly is to get your holds and to-do items done. Review your holds and to-do items in either myWWU > Student Center or myWWU > HighPoint. Use HighPoint if you are using a tablet or smartphone.

Make final housing arrangements

Make your final housing arrangements with your residence hall or with Village Housing.

Attend orientation sessions

If your first quarter of attendance is in the summer or fall, attend orientation sessions during the week before classes start in the fall.

If required, get clearance from Academic Administration

Students who were admitted provisionally and returning students who are on academic probation from their previous quarter require clearance from Academic Administration. Make an appointment with the Office of the Associate Vice President at (509) 527-2395.

Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Administration
Administration Building, Room 336
204 S College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

See your academic advisor

Refer to your individual JumpStart schedule for the date and time of your appointment with your academic advisor.

You must meet with your academic adviser in order to complete the registration process.

Get your ID card

Get your ID card at the location and time mentioned in your JumpStart schedule. Your ID card will be activated for charging when you complete Registration Finalization — also known as Jumping Einstein.

Finalize your registration

In myWWU > HighPoint select Registration Finalization in the Enrollment menu to start the registration finalization process.

See Jumping Einstein

You know you are finished with registration when you see the graphic of Jumping Einstein™. Once you have seen Jumping Einstein, it takes about 60 minutes for your ID card to be activated for charging at The Express and the University Bookstore.

Register your vehicle

After you are on campus and have received registration finalization for the term, register your vehicle with Campus Security.

Purchase your books

After you have seen Jumping Einstein, purchase your books at the University Bookstore. Use the View quarter Textbooks link in myWWU > Student Center; the system will automatically populate the page with the textbooks that you need for the classes in which you are enrolled.

New students have a special time reserved for them to purchase textbooks from the University Bookstore during the week before fall quarter starts. Watch for announcements of the particular date.

Review the syllabus for each of your classes

Before the first day of classes, review the course syllabus for each of your classes. The course syllabus and homework information is available on Desire2Learn (D2L).

Attend the Welcome Back Bash

The Welcome Back Bash occurs on the Sunday evening before fall quarter classes start. You may check out all the various clubs and sign up online. You must have seen Jumping Einstein before you can sign up for clubs.

Admission Requirements

Students who have received post-secondary credit from another institution after the summer of their high school graduation.

Minimum requirements for admission include:

  • A grade-point average of 2.0*.
  • Graduation and official transcript from an accredited secondary school or the completion of the GED** exam. Transfer students who have junior or senior status (90 or more transferable quarter credits) are not required to supply WWU with an official high school transcript.
  • A student who transfers to Walla Walla University with 30 or more transferable quarter hours will not be required to take the ACT or SAT exam.
  • Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
  • One satisfactory personal reference. Transfer students who apply to the WWU School of Nursing at either the Portland or College Place campus must submit three personal references.

Accredited Colleges

Applicants who have attended North American accredited institutions of higher education and who have official transcripts showing a minimum grade-point average of 2.0 on all course work taken may be admitted at a level determined by the number of credits transferred.

Non-Accredited Colleges

Students transferring from non-accredited institutions may be required to take validating examinations should they wish credit to be transferred to Walla Walla University.

Community Colleges

A minimum of 96 of the 192 quarter hours required for graduation must be taken at a four-year accredited college or university.

Senior Transfer Students

Transfer students with senior standing are required to be in residence three consecutive quarters and complete a minimum of 36 quarter hours (including nine quarter hours of upper-division work in the major and three upper-division quarter hours in the minor) and meet all degree requirements. See Admission Requirements in the WWU Bulletin.

Engineering Transfer Students

Students enrolled in the Edward F. Cross School of Engineering affiliation program will be allowed to graduate under any official Walla Walla University bulletin dated not more than three academic years prior to their first year on this campus. Students who withdraw from engineering studies for a continuous period of one year or more will forfeit the right to graduate under bulletins which were current prior to their withdrawal.

Engineering transfer students applying for admission to Walla Walla University must supply a letter of recommendation from one of their engineering professors at their most recent educational institution attended. Recommendation forms may be submitted online.

Nursing Transfer Students

All School of Nursing transfer students refer to the Nursing section of the WWU Bulletin for additional requirements.

*Transcripts from the island territories of Federated States of Micronesia, American Samoa, Palau, and Puerto Rico need to have a grade-point average of 3.30 or higher.

**A total score of 640 or higher is required for admission by GED test with each of the four subject matter tests having a score of 150 or higher.

Jacob Roney
Transfer Recruiter
(509) 527-2776